Join a world leader in digital business transformation. At iGrafx, we believe the right process can create competitive advantage. Since 1991 we have helped more than 10,000 customers successfully execute the most complex strategic initiatives. With iGrafx, our customers’ goals are prioritized, executed, and ROI is achieved.
Our Backend Developers are responsible for product development and helping us design and build the next generation of iGrafx applications. In this role, you will be working as a software engineer, creating a backend on a team that thrives on collaboration, and a desire to grow.
We hire recognized leaders in their field who leverage their skills and experience to create measurable, improved outcomes for our customers and our company. We champion winning together and value humble, team-first leaders who also bring determination and resolve to meet commitments.
Full-time, Portland area
Candidate should be authorized to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship.
Our Core Values
At iGrafx, we believe in our people and what they represent. We need like-minded individuals on a mission beyond the bottom-line results. We want people who are interested in making a difference in a growing organization and ones that believe that iGrafx solutions can change the world. Check out our core values, and if they resonate with you, consider joining our team.
- Growing organization with increasing needs for great talent
- Extremely knowledgeable team leads that help their colleagues grow
- Exposure to new technologies and learning about current trends in cloud computing and software development.
- Ability to have a significant impact on our development process and practices.
Why should you consider this role?
- Contribute as a leader of a world-class enterprise software company
- Global enterprise software with customers in N. America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific
- Private equity-backed organization
- Work with highly motivated Development and Product team members to deliver quality solutions to our customers
- Implement backend components and microservices
- Design RESTful APIs and webhooks to connect services together
- Use Azure technologies to support cloud-based deployments, monitoring, and security
- Participate in application design, write unit and integration tests, and do code reviews
- Instrument and optimize your code
- Solid test-driven-development programming habits
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- An understanding of data structures, algorithms, and algorithm analysis
- Experience with Java or C#/.NET
- Experience with asp.net, Spring, or other web application framework
- Experience with SqlServer or other relational database
- Experience with Azure or other cloud provider
- Work experience or coursework in Operations Research and Statistics
- Experience with TypeScript
- C++ experience, especially modern C++ (C++11 or above)
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off
- Matching 401(k) program
- Excellent health care, dental, and vision plans
- Life insurance and disability plans
What makes a great Software Engineer at iGrafx?
- Agility: A good understanding of agile practices and the ability to work in such an environment. Participate in grooming meetings and provide product input, estimate required work in pointing sessions and provide insight into your current work status in daily standups.
- Consistent Output: Produce reliable code of our enterprise-level solution, with the ability to contribute a predictable amount of user story content and bugfixes in every sprint.
- Evolution: With technology constantly evolving, we are looking for someone who likes to evolve with us. We are regularly looking at how current trends in tech can improve our product and portfolio and as such, you can add to that knowledge.
- Like a Community and Transparency: These being two of our core values, we enjoy working together and collaborating in many aspects of the software development lifecycle. This means teaming up on complex problems, documenting findings when researching or implementing solutions, so they can be leveraged by others, and a general willingness to share knowledge.
- Desire for Growth: iGrafx is growing and as such we need and want you to grow. Be engaged in personal and professional growth initiatives within the company.
- Improvement Mindset: Today’s world does not wait on companies to catch up with it, so along with technical evolution, we need someone who is interested in improving general development processes, from CI to CD, to source code management and code quality. Your ideas on those improvements are always welcome.
- Eye for Quality: As our product evolves, we constantly need to stay at the high-quality level our customers expect. This means making sure our automated tests are reliable and cover sensible aspects of the code. In the agile mindset, this also means occasionally assisting our QA members with manual testing of our user stories to keep a predictable velocity.
iGrafx has always been a leader in the ever-evolving business process management industry and has contributed continuously along the way. iGrafx created the industry’s first Window’s-based process diagramming tool, the world’s first interactive graphical business process simulation tool, and trademarked the term “swim lane,” which has become the de facto way to represent and describe roles within process flows. We assisted in the creation of the BPMN standard. iGrafx also released the first process collaboration platform complete with business architecture modeling, and the industry’s first end-to-end RPA Acceleration Package.
Today, with offices around the world, and active distribution in more than 20 countries, we have never veered from our singular focus: to turn customer processes into valuable assets! This enables us to provide our employees with opportunities for experiences and recognition, and ROI-proven business transformation at scale for our customers. Our success in these areas show in both employee and customer satisfaction and longevity.
iGrafx is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome everyone to our team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.